Nikki Jackson BSc, BWY, COT, HCPC
Nikki’s training includes Bihar School of Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Hatha Tantric style Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, and Viniyoga. In addition she:
- Has worked for over 25 years in the NHS and private sector, as a Senior Occupational Therapist (using life coaching strategies) and Yoga Therapist
- Is widely experienced at helping clients manage the effects of stress on the body & mind, having worked in both physical & mental health areas in the NHS such as forensic psychiatry, acute mental health, detention centre for asylum seekers, neurology, elderly care and paediatrics
- Runs Teacher Training 6 month Modular courses in Yoga Therapy for the British Wheel of Yoga
- Is a fully accredited Mindfulness for Health & Stress teacher (UK networks) having trained with ‘Breathworks’, specialists in mindfulness pain & stress management for chronic health conditions
- Further trained and qualified in Pranayama (breathing yogic practises) to develop her speciality in Breath work
Nikki spent her early adult life working and living in mountains in New Zealand , France and Scotland, where she developed her love of natural environments. She has travelled the world extensively, enjoying integrating with primitive cultures. She is a performing artist in a Cuban band. She has bought up three children and is a devoted animal lover.
“Nikki connects with the people she comes into contact with, you are not a client or a customer with Nikki, you are more than that. Nikki offers a truly personal, thoughtful method of using and teaching yoga. Your needs may be different to mine, but whatever the reason you want to use yoga, Nikki will certainly be able to help you”.