COMPLAINTS, APPEALS AND REFUNDS POLICY
Yoga Focus is committed to ensuring that its services and courses are of the highest quality. Feedback is welcomed as this enables us to improve upon the services we offer.
We recognise that there will be times when we make mistakes or get things wrong. Where this happens and where we receive a complaint from a client(s), we will always take this seriously, record and report on it internally and externally if required, and deal with it in a timely manner.
We will always take steps to maintain the confidentiality of each client’s personal information. We will only disclose it to people who need to look into the complaint, and, only to others where we are legally permitted to do so.
It is the responsibility of the complainant(s) to make an attempt to resolve the complaint informally with the individual concerned before formally complaining to Yoga Focus.
We define a complaint as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about actions taken or a lack of action by Yoga Focus, or someone acting on behalf of the Yoga Focus’.
Where it is unclear whether a communication is actually a complaint, we will endeavour to confirm this with you, in so far as we can. If the communication or comment is done anonymously, we may not be able to treat it as a complaint under this policy.
The following issues (this is not an exhaustive list) will be treated as complaints:
- poor standards of service including accusations of professional incompetence/misconduct
- financial losses/waste
- criminality within or involving Yoga Focus
- non-compliance with Yoga Focus policies/procedures
- non-compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Please note: under certain circumstances we may not be able to respond to a complaint
- you have not identified yourself or provided your contact details
- your complaint is not about Yoga Focus
- your expression of the complaint is insufficiently clear
- your complaint has been sent to us and other organisations as part of a bulk mailing
- your complaint is historical which is defined as over 2 years old.
However, Yoga Focus will take all complaints seriously and deal with them appropriately, including contacting you where we are able to, to discuss the matter further. Please contact Nikki Jackson at [email] if you wish to initiate the complaints procedure.
Once a complaint has been submitted Yoga Focus will acknowledge your complaint within 14 days, explain the process that will be followed and when a decision will be made. Following a thorough and fair investigation by us, to establish the facts surrounding the complaint, we will always attempt to provide a full, written response within 28 days. There may be occasions where this is not possible, and we will always notify you of this and advise you of the date by which you are likely to receive a response to your complaint against Yoga Focus.
When notifying you of the outcome of our investigation and any follow up action taken, we will confirm to whom you should submit an appeal in the event that you wish to contest the outcome. An appeal must be submitted in writing within 28 days from the date of the letter notifying you of the outcome and must satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- you have new, relevant information to present (which you have not previously submitted)
- we have failed to consider adequately or at all information you provided in connection with the complaint
- the response to your complaint is perverse in that no reasonable person could have reached that conclusion based on the information provided to them.
We will acknowledge receipt of your appeal within 10 days.
We will always attempt to provide a full response to your appeal within 28 days. There may be occasions where this is not possible, and where this is the case, we will always advise you and notify you of a date by when you may receive a response.
Our outcome response, which will always be in writing, is final; there will be no further redress within Yoga Focus but you may refer the matter to the British Wheel of Yoga – https://www.bwy.org.uk – or an appropriate statutory organisation.
We recognise we have a duty to make sure that individuals know that they have a right to complain or comment. It is important that this is able to happen quickly and in a positive way. Complaints should be taken seriously and explored so that any learning can be used to keep doing the right things or to make improvements. Positive comments can be encouraging and used to show how good ways of working are making a positive difference. If someone wants to make a comment or complaint we have a duty to deal with it in line with our complaints policy. We are committed to:
- Ensuring the confidentiality of the complainant and only sharing information appropriately to investigate the complaint.
- Making sure the individual knows that we may need to pass on information if there is a risk to the safety of themselves or others.
- Listening calmly and actively, assuring them that we are taking them seriously
- Not judging or becoming emotional
- Offering support but not trying to answer at this stage.
- Explaining what will happen next, who the complaint will be passed to and when they will get some feedback.
Once a course has commenced no fees will be refunded and Yoga Focus will not take responsibility for any additional costs. Provided written notice is given no later than 28 days prior to commencement of the relevant course, the fees will be refunded in full as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than 30 days after receipt of written notice. 50 % of the fees will be refunded provided written notice is given no later than 14 days prior to the commencement of the course. The deposit of £100 is not refundable.
Not with standing the foregoing in exceptional circumstances please contact email@example.com and we will consider a refund if appropriate.